View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #295
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CHAMPION, Playoffs 1st LEG - Away vs Celtic – I start, as well as possible, my best XI. Raul for Gimenez, and the rest of the club. They score a goal in the 11th, and then another in the 18th. Strobl gets a card. In the 33rd, Ivan finds Raul for goal. They score in extra time, and it’s 3-1 them at the half. Show me something else! In the 48th, they score again and it’s 4-1 Celtic. Then in the 52nd, Raul to Ivan for goal. Cartagena is carded. In the 58th, we score again, with Etebo to Ivan. Now, in just 7 minutes, we’ve gone from 4-1 down to 4-3 and much closer. I’d be happy with a 4-3 loss on the road as it has the potential for an Away goal tie if we win by a goal at home. I send in Eckhardt for an underwhelming Lupu. Boka for a frustrated Stoian. I’ve had two great chances turned away by good Celtic GK. A strong header by Etebo and a powerful shot by Ivan. Colombi snuffs out some of their attacks (they have had 14 shots on target today thus far entering the 81st). Mitrea for Balasa. They have dominated us on the scoreboard with 61% possession and a ton of shots. I would feel lucky to have a 4-3 loss at this stage, when I was staring at a 4-1 game earlier. Lots of Celtic pressure ensues. Then at the 89:02 mark magic happens. On a counter started by a Tonelli interception, Boka feeds Ivan for goal, and that’s his hattrick. BOOM! Can we hold for a 4-4 draw? Nope. They score in the 92nd. We lose 5-4. Ivan is MOM. Whew! This was our first loss on the season, by the by.

Again, if we win by 2, or by 1 and allow fewer than 5 AGs, then we can get out.

I talk down Eckhardt after an offer comes in and I rejected in.

Basano, Game #6 –Away vs Viitorul – I don’t think it matters much anymore, but we have had most of the big name clubs in the Basano now – everyone but FCSB. I hand out some rests. We win 2-0 on the road, Mom is Strobl with a goal off a IFK from Eckhardt, and Ivan the other goal.

I confirm my Romanian squad for two games next month in early September.

I have 25 call-ups, including 3 for Romanian, 5 for their U21 squad and 3 for their U19 one.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote