View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 01:45 PM   #40
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Now that the legislative phase is complete, we move on to presidential actions. Hoover chose to tour America's farmlands, and also adopt a strict immigration policy. These actions turned out to be beneficial to me. While the farmland tour will help him in those states come election time, I still have a lot of politicians from agricultural states, so my score increased by quite a bit. Also, his immigration policy affected the budget slightly, and now moderates are happy with the budget, giving me a slight election boost. I didn't have any negatives this time, so a good turn.

The next step is to replace retiring Supreme Court justice Oliver Wendall Holmes. Hoover nominated Harold Hitz Burton from his own faction. Burton was also a justice in real life. The vote is ongoing, but Burton is a moderate, not controversial, and harmonious, so he should get Senate confirmation pretty easily.

Once that is complete, the next phase will be the 1930 midterm elections. This phase looks very complicated, so we'll see how bad I screw this up. I'm sure I will realize how to determine what candidates I should run in what elections after the fact. Just going through all these phases makes me realize my original draft strategy was pretty much non-existent. I have a much better idea how I will proceed for the next draft.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote