View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #114
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another update........

We've had two Ghosts and Grapes events thus far. Both were in the afternoon. We have all six wines available for tasting along with cheese/cookies/crackers. We bring in three paranormal speakers to talk with the group. Lots of interaction between speakers and guests, which is great. They often have a lot of questions and are excited to get some answers. We sell wine afterwards.

We've also now had two paranormal investigations. They go from 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM. We have up to 40 guests. They're broken up into 5-6 smaller groups and taken to some of the areas where paranormal experiences occur. The investigators provide a lot of information and equipment for the guests to work with. It's been a fantastic success thus far, both financially and for exposure via word of mouth.

The great part is that we've had nearly 80 people on our site for the investigations. Out of those 80 guests, only THREE have not experienced something paranormal during their investigation. Ghosts obviously don't perform on demand, so to have that level of activity on the property is really exciting for us. We actually had a total skeptic last night who was touched by something that wasn't there. I wasn't there at the time, but I was told that it was a surprising experience for this person.

A week ago, we had three ladies in their 60's who were goofing around and decided to sing 'Ring around the Rosies'. They were laughing as they sang it. When they finished, a child's voice continued to sing 'pocket full of posies' in a corner of the room. It was also captured on audio. The investigator that was there at the time said that the ladies sat stone-faced in the corner of the room and didn't even talk for the last half-hour that they were in that room.

I was also contacted by Southern Living Magazine. They will be putting our December paranormal events in their December Calendar of Events. It includes our logo/phone #/website and information about the events. We've also been contacted by Universal Studios who wants to cross-promote an upcoming horror movie with our events. Amazing to see so much happening and we're not even going to be open until around Halloween.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote