View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 PM   #253
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I think if you were inclined to vote for me in the first place, there isn't anything I could have said that would have been good enough for you.

"Oh, look, henry's not the seer, I am! I investigated HIM last night, and he's the Mafia member, not me!"

Would that have been good enough?

"henry sure has a hairy back, if you know what I mean."

how about that?

My point is, if you're already leaning towards believing him to begin with, I'm really not sure what proof would have swayed you. All I'd say is the last time we had a guy claiming to be a seer, he turned out to be a member of the Mafia trying to confuse the issue.

The 'symbol of the Mafia' is an interesting choice of words, too. If the Mafia are coming *into* this town, how would he recognize it to begin with? Why would the Mob have a sigil anyway? Seems like a great way to get killed if you're trying to lay low.

But that's probably not enough to convince you either, because you're predisposed to take his side in the matter.

I'm one of very few people who even bothered to try and look at this objectively at all today!

Your "well last time I threw out some analysis that was flawed but essentially looked right" routine didn't cut if for me.

Being the first to respond to your post, it seems to me you decided as a last-ditch effort to avoid being hanged (and revealing that we are on the right track by catching a mafia), you're coming out swinging. I was willing to give you a shot to provide me with more convincing evidence than henry's that you aren't a mafia, and you failed in that challenge. Since henry, as I've said, has NOT been at all convincing, you came up with basically a totally empty statement.

~rpi-fan