View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

September 1742
Colonial Expansion (National Decision). -3 Infamy Limit, -3% Colonist cost, +3% Colonial Growth.

October 1744
Land Tech to 36. Can build Latin Dragoons and Latin Hussars.

January 1745
It really is hard to be expansionist in the HRE. As much as I have expanded, and despite the CBs you get as Holy Roman Emperor, the "Unlawful Imperial Province" does hinder your ability to expand and form Germany. That's why I've been pushing to the Imperial reforms, it's just not happening, and I don't get Imperial Authority nearly enough to try more than few times. I learned a lot about being in the HRE from this dynasty. Had I known it all, I would have tried to be far more diplomatic. It seems my expansionism and the fractured religious element (half of the HRE are Catholic, the other half is Protestant, with a few being Reformed) is preventing the measures from going forward.

It'd be easier if the Emperor never got the "Unlawful Imperial Province" penalty. Much easier, so not sure I'd want that, but it would be interesting to see a large Emperor suddenly get voted out, and then have a ton of unlawful provinces to deal with.

At least I broke up France. That's win by itself.

July 1745
I declare a Colonialism war on Norway to remove them from North America.

August 1745
Mazovia did not answer out call.....they will pay.

Freisland and Sicily have entered the wars.

December 1746
Brabant annexes Freisland.

January 1747
Mazovia agrees to be my vassal and pays 425 ducets. 25.5 Prestige, 4 Infamy.

February 1747
Norway cedes Mahican and Beothuk, and pays 250 ducets. 2.6 Prestige, 2 Infamy. My infamy is now 15.9.

July 1747
As I thought, Freisland is given to us. I release.

I decide to release a few others as well. With only about 70 years left, I'm not going to conquest and diplo-annex my way to a unified Germany or HRE. Instead, I'm going to spend money, money, money or improving my relations with HRE nations, and use my military to subdue those who are not part of the HRE. Brunswick, Portugal and Great Britain are the major colonial players.

With releasing Milan, Oldenburg and Münster, my infamy is now 0.

September 1747
With the Imperial Authority I get from releasing a few HRE nations, I try the Hofgericht reform again, and it passes. +2 yearly Cultural tradition, +0.01 Infamy.

There are 5 more reforms, with each costing 50 Authority. Even if they all pass on the first time, that would cost 250 Authority. Not sure where I'll get that from. Having monarchs rule for 50-60 years (instead of ~20) really cuts into the amount of authority you gain.

November 1749
I declare war on Austria. Nationalism CB. Genoa, Burgundy and Naxos side with Austria. Austria has been in a decades long war with Muscowy and are very weak.

January 1750
Naxos offers White Peace and I take it.

May 1750
Genoa wants a white peace and I take it.

July 1750
Burgundy renounces some claims and gives 125 ducets. 1.6 Prestige, 0 Infamy.

August 1750
Founding Father in Winnebago (Event). Someone in the colonies wants them to be free....bah, he can't do any harm. +3 Local Revolt risk, +20% Local Tax.

September 1750
Austria becomes the Papal controller.....not for long.

October 1750
I've looked all over and don't see any Austrian colonies. I'm stuck at 99%. The Ledger says Austria has just under 40k troops. They must be in Muscowy somewhere. Time to go hunting...

January 1571
Founding Father in Missouri. He can't do any harm either.

June 1751
Took out 2k in Vologda. The ledger has them down to 22k. They have taken a lot of Muscowy provinces. I wonder if that's what's holding this up. I help out Muscowy and start taking back provinces for them.....Prussia and Muscowy working...together?

December 1751
All of my allies are giving White Peace to Austria. Lot of good that'll do, I hold all of Austria's provinces.

January 1752
Land Tech to 42. Can now build Fort 5.

May 1752
I found the main Austrian force deep inside Muscowy. Naval Tech to 35. Can now build Indianman.

September 1752
Finally catch up with the main Austrian force. They were cornered in the south of Muscowy. By the time I got to them, attrition had done most of my work for me.

November 1752
Colonial Company founded (Event). 2 colonists appear in Jicarilla (middle of North America). Nice, a bit of help in expanding west.

Austria's army has been eliminated. Still at 99%. Must be these Muscowy provinces.

February 1753
Hmmm....ledger said "0" for Austria's forces. All of their provinces are under my control, but somehow a cavalry unit magically appears in Muscowy...(Methinks the AI loaded up the console and typed in a cheat code)

December 1753
Corrupt Governor in Neue Hamburg. Replace him and repay the people. gain 1 revoltrisk in Neue Hamburg, lose 100 ducets, -1 Local Revolt risk for rest of the game.

Austria eliminated from Muscowy. I hoping I could annex them, but it won't let me. Says the cost of their provinces is too great. Ugh, total BS. Ok, I just Linz, Ostmarch, Pressburg and Krain. 0 Prestige, 8 Infamy.

That makes my Infamy 8, but thanks to some of my provinces becoming cores, even though I took 4 from Austria, I'm still losing Infamy every year (-0.69).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote