View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #633
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

CRC Summer League County Championships @ GaTech - 6/27

Just a quick reminder, while time is important here...what we are really looking for is a top 3 finish in order to earn a medal and a spot on the County All-Star team (note: it is possible to make the county team finishing outside of the top 3 if some of the swimmers who finished ahead elect not to swim at the state meet)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

#9 Girls 13/14 200 Medley Relay A Team (fly) - The relay team comes in seeded 2nd, but they beat the top team head-to-head during a Thursday meet. The anchor freestyler for CRC isn't swimming in this meet, so this will be a very close race

#21 Girls 13/14 50 Freestyle (exhibition) - 28.47 (12th Seed) - Bailey is only swimming this in an effort to get on one of the free relays for the state meet. To get on one of the relays they must be in the top 12 (of those going to state)...and she's sitting on 12th. However, this is an old time. I'm hoping for a 27 high, which will give her a shot at the top 8 and the B relay team.

#43 Girls 13/14 50 Backstroke - 31.70 (7th Seed) - disappointing seed here. I really wish she was in IM...even with this old time, there is pretty much no shot to get in the top 3, and all the girls seeded in front of her are all going to State in this event.

#73 Girls 13/14 50 Fly - 29.48 (2nd Seed) - This time is not Bailey's PB, so she has a shot to win the event. She'll have to beat her old friend Maddie to do it. (note: there is a faster seed but they are exhibitioning so they can't win the event).

#83 Girls 13/14 200 Free Relay B team (4) - Bailey is scheduled to swim the anchor on the B team...they are seeded 11th...the A team is seeded 3rd. It'll be interesting to see where Bailey ends up in the 50 Free, I won't be surprised if she has 1 of the top 4 times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

#10 Boys 13/14 Medley Relay A team (Free) - The boys medley is seeded 1st heading into the County meet.

#22 Boys 13/14 50 Freestyle (exhibition) - 27.61 (14 Seed) - Bear is in a good position to make it on a free relay. Not every swimmer in front of him is going, so with a good swim he should make the top 12.

#32 Boys 13/14 100 Freestyle - 58.29 (4th Seed) - Bear is 4th seed, behind Gold and CRC Teammates Riley and Seth, as well as former Gold Teammate and Brett's good friend Hunter. Seth can't swim at state (swimming out of his county of residence), so if Bear can old off a couple of challengers, he could get the 3rd spot for State.

#54 Boys 13/14 100 IM - 1:05.61 (3rd Seed) - Bear is in a tight one here...the top 5 are all separated by less than 1 second. Can he at least hold on to that 3rd spot...or could he charge for the win...going to be fun.

#74 Boys 13/14 50 Fly - (exhibition) 30.90 (6th Seed) - Exhibitioning here, hoping to make a medley for state, but being seeded 6th, makes it unlikely. His PB is actually a 30.00, which would put him 5th...but everyone in front of him is going to State...so not likely.

#84 Boys 13/14 200 Free Relay A team (2) - The team is seeded second, but they beat the top seed in a head to head Thursday race...so should be exciting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

#10 Boys 13/14 Medley Relay A team (Breast) - same relay as Bear's above...hopefully they can win it all...

#54 Boys 13/14 100 IM - 1:13.13 (6th Seed) - Brett is the first swimmer outside of the top 5 mentioned in Bear's write up. I know he's capable of going under 1:10...but I think he'll settle in and finish around his seed time.

#64 Boys 13/14 50 Breaststroke - 34.47 (3rd Seed) - The amazing thing about this race is the top 3 times, were all from the same race against GC earlier this season. The one where Brett was outtouched by the GC swimmer and Alex. Could be a re-run of that race (though someone could come from back in the pack to win). I've been thinking about this one a bunch...and I believe this will probably be Brett's last chance to ever win an individual medal. Next sesason he moves up to swim with 15-18 year olds...obviously it will take a while before he'll be able to compete with some of the older kids, and by the time he gets there, some of the extremely strong breaststrokers currently 2 years younger will mostly likely beat him when they reach that 15-18 range. I'm really rooting for him to do something special here...

#86 Boys 15/18 200 Freestyle Relay - A Team (1) - Moved Brett and 2 other 13/14s up to swim the 15/18 relay in order to get some points. They are likely to finish last

CRC TEAM OUTLOOK - overall it looks like CRC will probably finish 3rd, though my projections show us only having about a 150 point lead on 4th (way behind 2nd)...so a few DQs might be very costly.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-09-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote