View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #93
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Charlie is in a weird spot. I wouldn't really be surprised either way. If the season goes particularly bad in Austin the new AD may decide to cut bait and bring his own guy in. The change in AD and the fact that Strong looks out of his element thus far is why I think it's a possibility.

Spurrier won't get fired, but both he and Beamer may be nudged into retirement after this year.

Texas is two hilariously bad special teams plays from going to OT in two losses, and ND with Zaire at QB was a legit top 5 team. Plus he kicked all those players off and has a lot of freshmen playing. (Also, it shouldn't matter, but as I saw with Ty Willingham, firing a black coach can bring on a whole lot of "racist" accusations.) Texas has enough money to do whatever, but unless Saban or Chip Kelly is going there who's the slam dunk hire they have lined up that will definitely do better than Strong, who has a good track record from UL and a young team? I think keeping him at least one more year is a no-brainer, then maybe one of those two stars looks more likely or a Chad Morris or Tom Herman looks like a no-brainer hire.

Beamer should just stay on as a figurehead while Bud Foster is the real head coach. Then spend an extra $500k to hire a young innovative OC.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote