View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #452
Radii
Head Coach

-- Paulo resumes full training.

October 22nd, 2016

Shrewsbury(7-0-6, 7th) @ Woking(6-5-2, 5th)

A key early game between two teams that appear to be playoff contenders 1/4 through the season. We're slim 5:4 favorites at home today, they are 7:4. This is our first ever meeting.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Taylor and Paulo are healthy again and are back in the starting lineup. We're attacking at home today.

20': No shots yet, Shrewsbury has a 60/40 possession edge.

27': We have a quick buildup, Upson plays a ball out wide to N'Guessan, he centers it for constantino about 20 yards out, Constantino beats his man, gets into the area and burns the keeper! 1-0

44': Really weird moment, there's a goal kick by their keeper, Taylor goes up for a header with an attacker, neither get it and the ball sails into the area, Lynch wasn't reacting, I'm assuming b/c he expected someone to get that header... their other forward runs onto the ball and has a shot from 10 yards out, but he fires it right at Lynch and its deflected away. Taylor comes to clear it and is tackled... and he's hurt.

HALF: I'm bringing Taylor out, I'm worried that he's really hurt especially since he just came off an injury. Chester is in. We shoot twice, they shoot three times, that's it. We even out possession, its 53/47 in their favor, we need to keep control here, i don't want to give away another lead, lets get 3 points guys!

54': We allow 3 early shots, our defense is pretty well set in but they're trying to pressure us.

59': An attacker turns by Marc, Marc brings him down with a tackle attempt, and its a foul... I really thought it was a penalty, but apparently its inches outside the box, whew. They earn a corner on the free kick, the wall blocks the shot, and we clear the corner.

69': They get a ball out wide right, Nikolaou is there, he blocks a cross, but its blocked back into play, their midfielder gets there and crosses it again, Ogogo jumps with Leslie, their attacker, but he manages to get his head to it and puts it in... 1-1

71': We strike nearly immediately, Chester forward to Paulo, Paulo with a long ball from behind the mid line, constantino sprints past the defense, is first to the ball, and beats the keeper with a quick shot before he can rush out!! 2-1

74': Nikolaou with a yellow.

77': I'm backing into my defensive formation, Smith comes in for Harsanyi and is in at DMC, just constantino at forward. Taylor is better, but Smith is an adequate DMC as well.

83': Paulo fights in the midfield for a ball and ends up playing it way back... not to Lynch but behind for a corner. They earn a second corner, then we clear it out.

89': Mickael Colin goes down hurt... he's really hobbled, I've got two starters to worry about after the match again.

They shoot once more from long range, its way over, and we hold on.

Woking 2 : 1 Shrewsbury

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.8)
Goals: Constantino 2
Assists: Paulo (7.6), N'Guessan (6.8)

No one else is over 7, and Chester comes in for a half and puts up a 5.4 rating, this guy is killing me!

Injury Update

Mickale Colin turns his ankle badly and he is going to miss 4 weeks, ugh! Zatara and Subotic will get a lot more playing time.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote