View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #261
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Congrats! Wild to see the breakout at QB... system, or have the ratings pushed up as well?

Corriveau came in as a rookie (league scout) rated at 11/33. He's 47/47 now, so he's seen some breakout growth. But this is his 3rd season at roughly 47 rating.

I attribute it to a few factors:

- WR2 Robbie Thompson broke out this year, from 44/44 to 53/53. It's the first time Corriveau has had 3 legitimate threats at WR.
- The new coaching system brought a more diversified offense. Particularly the use of receiving backs, FB Dwight Stanton (who has always been a stud, but was never really used prior to this season) really brought a new dimension to the team, and rookie RB Bubba Clayton upped our RB catches by 35 over the course of the season compared to previous seasons.
- Continued growth of cohesion. This is Corriveau's 6th season at the helm, and he benefits from an O-line among the league leaders in cohesion, while his top 2 receivers are also 5-year vets to the team. I really do think FOF7 has a bump in the impact of cohesion at about the 5 or 6 year mark.

But you're right about Corriveau's big jump in effectiveness. His numbers this year: 67.4% completion, 4626 yards, 33 TD, 12 INT, 100.5 rating.

His best previous year was 21 TD to 17 picks and an 86.6 QB rating.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.

Last edited by revrew : 11-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote