View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 12:32 PM   #252
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I mean if it was an issue with the amp and engine noise as they are saying, it would surely be an issue on every other airline who uses that plane model? Hard to believe they could even suggest that with a straight face.

PM - what is your expert take?

I have no clue. The fact that it's only happening on American and it's happened across multiple planes makes it awkward. Even if you hacked the entertainment system that wouldn't allow you to necessarily send it over the public address. The PA is fully self contained and hardwired on the plane. I've read a couple things that say that there is a way that a type of code that is stored a specific way could generate sounds that sound human when translated audibly with the right interference, but the entire explanation was so far over my head I have no clue how that works.

The simple answer is crew. But again, multiple planes and different times make it unlikely that some group would keep from getting ratted out. The FA's wouldn't tolerate it. So that's out. it's not the pilots. We have better things to do with our energy that fuck around on the PA. That it's sort of limited to American though makes me think that somewhere, someone has figured out how to use the satellite wifi, and get access to the entertainment system, but something unique to American, since you're not seeing it on any other companies right now. Because if I was able to hack that, I wouldn't limit it to just one company. I'd be spread it out, and we all use some variation of the same vendors for those services, so if you could hack one, you wouldn't be limited to just one company.

Honestly, I have no idea. When you step through the options, I can see why it makes the most sense to blame it on random electrons in the plane, but the sounds seem way to human, and timed a critical points, (like one said on approach, or right at touchdown) for it to NOT be human.

I am quite curious though.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote