View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 05:42 PM   #296
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We're saving up points for an international trip in 2024. We've already got about 200K Chase Rewards points, which can be transferred to a bunch of different airline partners. Likely going to the UK, as this will be the first real off-this-continent trip we're planning to take so I figure we should start basic. I've been studying up on the best ways to make the most of those points and limit the cash outlay. Virgin Atlantic is pretty good points-wise, but the fuel and other charges they pass on are insane.

I haven't looked specifically at Asia, but I get a bunch of alerts of deals all over the place and recently, it's been Europe. Just checked my trash bin, and none have been to Asia.

ROFL - I was starting to play the same games, likely for 2024 but possibly for 2023. I have a pretty sizable stash of United points but, yeah, also a hefty pile of Chase points, too. Those are mostly being saved up for probably 2024 and Japan - but we'll see if that comes to pass.

However, I'm going to have Gold status with United for next year, so I was thinking about maybe something over the other pond next year. Our kid will be 7, going on 8, and I was kicking around UK. He's good for natural wonders and hikes (can do like 6 miles without much issue, not lots of bathroom breaks) but less good with museums (gets bored) and I'd want to do a lot of that in England. Italy was another possibility - we've already been but he hasn't and we have family there. I think there's more stuff he'd appreciate there - yes, there are museums, but a lot of them are art-centric and he can appreciate things like Pompeii or the Colosseum.

Also, just an idea: Should we just alternate which years we're planning vacations. You get next year and I'll copy you, then I'll get 2024 and you can copy me

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote