View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #121
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Anil Mehul -- 10th singles(unchanged), 103rd to 100th doubles. Did a little better than expected, adding over 400 points to his total in his weakest part of the year, but he'll definitely need a big finish to accomplish his goals for the season. 14-5 over the clay/grass season, after basically breaking even last year.

Girish Girsh -- 99th to 98th singles, 306th to 324th doubles. Stagnation defined here. After a quick exit from Wimbledon he's back at it with a Tier-1 challenger in Cordoba. My sense is he's close to a breakthrough, but not quite there yet. More favorable draws in the big events would help, as would getting more finals and titles in the challengers instead of the regular semifinal losses. I'm not sure which is going to come first at this point.

Prakash Mooljee -- 150th to 135th singles. Fresh off his latest Tier-4 crown, though with an early doubles loss, Mooljee continues his holding pattern. He still takes quite a few bad practice losses against players at his ranking bracket, so no changes are anticipated right now. He may well stay at this level through the end of the year when another class of 18-year-olds flies the coop; at that point he'll probably be skilled enough to begin considering amateur events as well.

Manager Ranking -- 18th(changed), 14.2k to 14.6k points. As expected less progress than usual with the clay and grass season.

Chittoor Update -- Out of the Top 200 now in singles which is enough to be out of sight, out of mind. Doubles is a different story; he's still Sri Lanka's #2 at 235th, with Girsh at 324th. I'm hoping those spots reverse by the fall when the WTC starts up again, but it probably won't matter all that much.

Coming Up

As mentioned, Girsh is in Cordoba this week and will hit at least one more challenger after that before the USO. Mehul will have a few weeks off before Washington leading into the Cincinatti & Canada Masters, and the others are doing their usual thing.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote