View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #326
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I so missed these "debates" during your hiatus...

Are you still holding on to the Clippers improving their lottery odds with the Griffin trade, or are you ready to admit that it was about moving Griffin's contract and had nothing to do with draft position this year? They're a team that's now acquired Gallinari, Harris, Teodosic, possibly Bradley (who might be moved today), and re-signed Lou Williams in the past 9 months, which is exactly the roster construction that will put you in 7th-10th in the conference.

They think that's a better bet to getting back into championship contention than going the full future asset over current value route, and maybe LA with Ballmer willing to spend and Jerry West to arrange meetings can pull it off, but it's clear what route they've chosen.
Bradley did used to play for the Celtics! And I was one of the fans who understood why it made more sense for him to be traded than Smart last summer and wasn't too upset to see him leave, because he will likely get overpaid this summer (though the way people talk about the market gets gloomier and gloomier every day). But he's still a good NBA rotation player (albeit one who should not have the usage rate he had in Detroit) and a good on-ball defender who would pair nicely with guards like Teodosic and LouWill who can't defend PG's for their life. RPM can be a nice data point, and it does indicate he's not as good on defense as his biggest supporters claim, but strictly using that is how you end up with people claiming Jae Crowder is a top 10 SF last offseason. We'll see if he gets moved today or not, but I'm willing to trust the Spurs player evaluation over RPM numbers in a vacuum.

You might be waiting for a while on a response.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote