View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #31
StLee
High School Varsity

In the championship game, we again dominated the opponent, with this game never being in doubt. I drove a few of the players on the Pitch Slappers to and from the game on the day, including Bill the coach (off to the side on the coaches picture in the Dolphins hat). I told him going into the tournament that I would be shocked if his team didn't make the final, but I thought my division's top three teams could all take his team in the final. I didn't think, however, that team could be mine and that we could be so dominant.

In the first inning, the Pitch Slappers scored their only legitimate run on the day, but we answered with four. Neither team scored in the second, but we added the maximum five in the third for a 9-1 advantage. We got three more in the fourth to go up 12-1. In the sixth, they scored four runs thanks in part to some terrible defensive miscues (on one play, Mike dropped an easy fly ball and then made up for it by throwing the ball 30 feet over home plate to allow three runs to score with two outs). We answered with two in the bottom of the sixth for the final count of 14-5.

Line up:
1 - Tyler - SS
2 - Josh - CF
3 - Shawn - RF
4 - Frank - LF
5 - Mitch - 2B
6 - Mary Kay - LROV
7 - Mike - RROV
8 - Lee - 3B
9 - Doug - 1B
10 - Lia - C/LROV
11 - Chris - 1B/2B
12 - Daniel - RROV
13 - Ariella - C

Bottom 1st inning: Trailing 1-0
Tyler - Double
Josh - GO, 3U; Tyler to 3rd
Shawn - RBI single
Frank - Double
Mitch - 3-run HR
Mary Kay - Single
Mike - LO,6
Lee - Double
Doug - FO, 8

2nd inning: Leading 4-1
Lia - Single
Chris - FC, 4-6
Daniel - Foul out, 2
Ariella - FO, 7

3rd inning: Leading 4-1
Tyler - Single
Josh - Single
Shawn - 2-RBI triple
Frank - RBI single
Mitch - Single; runners advanced to 2nd and 3rd on error
Mary Kay - RBI single
Mike - RBI FC, 4-3

4th inning: Leading 9-1
Lee - Single
Doug - Single, Lee to 3rd
Lia - RBI FC, 5-4
Chris - 2-run HR
Daniel - Single
Ariella - FC, 5-4
Tyler - Single
Josh - FO, 9

5th inning: Leading 12-1
Shawn - FO, 8
Frank - GO, 4-3
Mitch - Single
Mary Kay - Strike out

6th inning: Leading 12-5
Mike - Single
Lee - Single
Doug - FO, 8; Mike to 3rd
Lia - RBI single; Lee to 3rd
Chris - RBI single
Daniel - FO, 8
Ariella - GO, 5-3

7th inning: CHAMPIONS, 14-5
No at bats

Lee's batting: 3 for 3, 2B, 2 R
Again, I just took advantage of what they gave me, but I sprayed it to every field in this game. My double was to RCF, my second hit down the line in RF, and my third hit was down the line in LF.

For the tournament, I finished 6 for 6, Only Mitch and I were perfect on the day.

Lee's defense: 6 fielding chances, 1 put out, 5 assists.
I got lots of action in the championship game. My one put out was a run from 3B to near home plate on a foul ball. I was surprised I got to it in time, but I did and snowconed the ball for the out. The assists were all on 5-3 ground outs, including a couple of their speedier runners.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swingers - Game 12.jpg (146.0 KB, 48 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote