View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #445
Radii
Head Coach

-- Paulo and Constantino are named into the League 1 team of the week this week.

September 27th, 2016

Southend(3-4-2, 10th) @ Woking(5-3-1, 3rd)

This is Southend's 5th year in League 1. Their best finish is 9th, last season they were 17th. Its going to be our first ever meeting. We're slim 6:4 favorites compared to their 13:8 today at home. This will be our only game of the month on short rest. Our scouts identify AML Shane Kelly as their most dangerous threat. That's a name that should sound familier, we got him on loan from QPR last year and he played 16 matches for us behind Colin. He's still with QPR but on loan to Southend this year. Of course, when I get to the starting lineups I see that Kelly isn't starting today, but I see another name I instantly recognize, ST Mark Cullen. We loaned him from Hull for two seasons in a row when we were in the BS Premier League. He played 49 matches for us and scored 23 goals. He is starting today.

GK: Lynch
D: Wiggins/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Colin/Zatara
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

We just make a couple changes on short rest today, Rhoys Wiggins gets a start at DL and Imad Zatara starts at AMR.

7': We have a free kick from 30 yards out. Upson takes it and fires a blistering shot around the wall, it bends just enough and finds an opening in the right side of the net, goal!!! 1-0

10': They attack quickly after our goal, there's a through ball to attacker Pepper, he is behind the defense when he receives the pass and quickly puts it past Lynch. The entire defense feels its offside... it was close. 1-1

23': Constantino receives a pass on our side of midfield and begins a long run, he blows by a man down the right side and makes his way to the right corner before putting a cross into the 6 yard box, the keeper doesn't come out for it, they haev a defender miss a header, and Colin is there to put it into the net! 2-1

26': Upson passes the ball to Harsanyi 30 yards out.. he makes a man miss and heads to the penalty area, the same defender recovers and tries a second tackle, missing again, Harsanyi is now at the penalty spot and sends a low shot by the keeper for another goal! 3-1

39': Wiggins makes a really nice tackle to stop a midfielder streaking up the right sideline, he plays a ball back to Vince Taylor who sends it long.. Harsanyi isthe first one to the ball, he plays it forward with his first touch and sprints after it, recovering it in the penalty area, he fires a shot... and its off the crossbar, so close to a 4th goal!

44': Paulo with a pass to Harsanyi, he plays a ball into the area from 30 yards out, Constantino runs onto it and easily buries it... and is called offsides. I dunno, wow that was close. I watched it again at a slower speed, that was REALLY close. But its disallowed.

HALF: Southend do manage 6 shots in the half, putting 2 on target, but just the one goal. We shoot 9 times, 5 on target, only one clear cut chance, we're making some great plays to get these goals today it seems. Possession is even and the stats are pretty close to even though we're passing a little better, we are just making some classy plays on a couple of these goals.

46': Wiggins gets a yellow for a foul on their right midfielder. Its way out wide, the free kick is crossed in, and they put a header over the bar.

60': Paulo gets a ball foward to Constantino, he turns by a defender in the area and fires a shot, just wide... surprised it wasn't considered a clear cut chnce.

62': They get on the attack quickly, there's a through ball to Cullen and he has it and really should score here, but he doesn't place the shot well enough and Lynch makes a solid save.

64': they have a throwin near midfield, Colin steals the ball immediately and we have a bit of a break, Colin makes his way down the left sdie, we've got two men in the area, there's a cross to Paulo, and he's tackled in the area... its a penalty!! Upson takes it and buries it. 4-1

68': Ferry in for Upson, Subotic in for Constantino, both subs to rest key players with this lead.

72': They have a counterattack after stealing it from Zatara, there's a long run, their man takes it out wide, pulling three defenders out there somehow...there's a cross, a header, and its by Lynch and in... and called offsides. That surprises me, I thought they had a goal here.

74': Paulo was hurt, and was in fact receiving treatment during that last breakaway by Southend. I bring O'Sullivan in for him, using my last sub.

80': We'll defend the final 10 minutes.

90': Their striker Pepper receives a pass about 22 yards out and fires a shot immediately, Lynch wasn't ready for it and he gets it into the net. 4-2

That'll do it!

Woking 4 : 2 Southend

Man of the Match: Zoltan Harsanyi (9.0)
Goals: Upson 2 (8.8), Harsanyi, Colin (7.7)
Assists: Harsanyi, Upson, Paulo (7.7), Constantino (6.8)
Notables: Taylor (7.1)

The defense was average today, but the offense was spectacular. Upson's free kick was beautiful, as was the run and cross to Colin. Constantino just missed a couple times as well.

-- Leicester in the Championship has fired their coach and I'm considered the leading contender. I go out of my way to tell the press I'm not interested. On the same day AFC Bournemouth in League 1 fires their coach and I'm the leading contender. I make sure everyone knows I'm not interested there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote