View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
BYU 14
Coordinator

Base operations
Back at the base I order another power generator to be built and will look to build a lab next. I also need to think about upgrading my interceptors.

May 5th, 2015
As if right on queue with the interceptor upgrade a UFO is spotted over Egypt. It is a small Scout class, and I dispatch a flight to bring it down. We are victorious and I immediately scramble the Skyranger to clean up the crew, wary of what happened the first time I underestimated a downed UFO based on size I will be taking no chances.

Operation Broken Dirge
Date: 05/05/2015
Objective: Locate UFO and neutralize hostiles

Assault Team Rank Specialty Missions Kills Gear
Poli Rules Lieutenant Sniper 6 6 Scope
David Gonzalez Corporal Support 2 1 Medikit
Fox McCloud Squaddie Support 1 2 Medikit
Sterling Silvers II Squaddie Sniper 1 1 Scope
DJ Thomas II Rookie none 1 0 Grenade

Led by Lt. Rules we touch down amidst chunks of flaming debris and downed Trees. Looking to take this assault a lot slower than the disaster that was our last UFO recovery mission, we establish positions of cover behind downed trees. As we hunker down we observe what appears to be a thin man running from the craft, but it is dark.

As McCloud moves up he spots it, definitely a thin man and he fires a quick burst, missing. Poli has a bead on the same hostile and neutralizes it, winking at McCloud to say that’s how it’s done. A second thin man appears briefly, but vanishes into the darkness, almost daring us to chase him.

We are not biting this time, so the thin man reappears and blasts poison hitting both Poli and Thomas. The rookie panics and unleashes a burst at the thin man, killing it and earning his first kill. Poli gets out of the poison and moves by Gonzales, launching a battle scanner that yields no immediate results. Gonzales heals Poli, leaving only a panicked Thomas still sitting in the noxious cloud.

We press forward as Thomas regains his composure, we can definitely hear guttural noises inside the spacecraft. Suddenly two floaters appear to the east of the craft and Gonzales gets off a reaction shot, wounding 1, while Poli misses the other. Silvers lines up the second floater and obliterates it! Gonzales and Poli both go after the first one again and miss. The floater picks on the rookie, but Thomas is unscathed and doesn’t wet himself this time.

Thomas and Silvers both open up on the floater and miss again. This damn thing is like a cat, but Poli takes care of whatever lives it has remaining with a well placed round. Gonzales moves up and spots the outsider alien, but since we ‘forgot’ the arc thrower he has to shoot and……..misses. Thomas moves into position and pulling from the Coffee Warlord school of battles tactics, eschews the shot for his grenade, which ends the aliens night and our mission. Vahlen is pissed we did not capture this one, screw her smarmy ass!!

Summary
Operation Broken Dirge - Success
Aliens killed: 5 – Excellent
Operatives lost: 0 – Excellent

Artifacts recovered
2 floater corpses, 2 thin man corpses, 9 elerium, 30 alien alloys, 8 weapon fragments, 2 UFO flight computers (1 damaged) and 1 damaged UFO power source.

Promotions:
DJ Thomas II – Squaddie, heavy earning the rocket. Turns out the Coffee Warlord school of battle was spot on as we now have another bulldozer in the ranks.

Totally different outcome as this time there were half as many aliens alive and this was one of our easiest missions in some time. Poli Rules bags 2, as does the pee pants Thomas, while Sterling Silvers II takes care of the 5th.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote