View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 AM   #55
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
more commentary!

Yes -- more commentary is definitely warranted.

1. Collect Taxes (possible city revolts)
2. Population Expansion
3. Census
4. Ship construction and maintenance
5. Movement
6. Conflict
7. City construction

8. Remove surplus population (check for city support)
9. Trade card acquisition
10. Trade
11. Resolve calamaties (check for city support)
12. Acquisition of civilization cards
13. Movement of succession markers on the AST

We had some conflict happen after everyone moved...

Belgica: Coexist between path12 [Illyria] AND CrimsonFox [Iberia]
path12 [Illyria] Population lost: 2
CrimsonFox [Iberia] Population lost: 2

Gaul: CrimsonFox [Iberia] wins with 3 Population remaining.
path12 [Illyria] Population lost: 1
CrimsonFox [Iberia]

Athens: Aeon [Thrace] wins with 4 Population remaining.
Tarc [Crete] Population lost: 2
Aeon [Thrace] Population lost: 1

Little skirmish between Iberia and Illyria. Iberia wins with 3 in Gaul, but it only supports 1, so they'll actually lose 2 more.

Crete and Thrace fight a little. Again, Athens only supports 1, so Thrace is going to lose 3 more. Thrace had 5 there, which is an odd number. Looks like they might have been trying to build a city, but fell one short -- there's a post where Warhammer and I complain about the interface being screwy. Be sure to check that you've got 6 where you want to have 6, guys. But maybe I'm missing something, since Crete did attack -- why would they attack a territory with 5 in it?

So I'm on the fence a little about some stuff. I'm probably the most experienced player, or at least, have the most recent experience. I want to let people know if they've made mistakes, but I don't want to come off like I know everything about the game (which I don't), and like I'm telling everyone how to play. But maybe if it just generates discussion, it'll be more like an open group, rather than me just calling out people. Since I felt like this next commentary will just be calling out path, I was kind of hoping to skip it and pick up later, but let's go.

The following players have completed their city construction phase:
0 path12 [Illyria]
The current player is 4 Furrball [Africa] (+1 potential)
The following players may complete their city construction after Furrball is done:
3 CrimsonFox [Iberia] (+2 potential)
4 Aeon [Thrace] (+2 potential)
0 Tarc [Crete] (+1 potential)
2 Warhammer [Assyria] (+4 potential)
5 britrock88 [Babylon] (+2 potential)
6 passacaglia [Egypt] (+1 potential)

Looks like path is done constructing cities, so he's probably already aware of his mistake. Illyria has 6 population in Rubicon, Pannonia, and Illyricum, but unfortunately, none of those have the squares that make them good city sites -- so those territories need 12 to build a city. That's going to hurt them a bit, but not so bad they can't recover.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote