View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #76
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Reds vs Purples

This game went into overtime, where the Purples finally pulled it out 2-0.

That's not a typo. 2-0. Technically, I don't have safeties in the game (I completely forgot about it) but the Purples made a run-stuffing tackle in the end zone to "end" the game. I have to give them credit for that.

Both teams moved the ball a little but, but couldn't seal the deal. This is another game where field goals would have made the difference. (definitely coming in Ex-Season 2) It was kind of nice to see a whole game without a 30+ yard breakaway. There was also a nice mix of passing and running.

One area that didn't look right was the QB scrambling. It might be a ratings issue, but they QBs look really dumb when trying to take off. They run into the line, then run away, then spin around, then try to run again.... then get tackled. Granted, the Reds DL is pretty good, but the Purples scrambling QB should have been able to do more. I'll have to dig into that before the last Purples games.

Other than that, most of the remaining items are probably going to be done in the offseason. The last few things on the list have to do with game-flow and big changes like field size, field goals, ratings balance, play design, safeties ...etc. If I can get the QB scrambling thing down, before the end of the season, we can call Exhibition Season 1 a success.

4 games left!