View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #342
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I've been pleasantly surprised by how highly rated Michel's pass protection was and how quickly he seems to be doing well at it given all his missed preseason time. The couple pundits I like most graded him as the #2 pass protecting guy (after Saquan because Saquan can do no wrong).

There are also whispers the Patriots think he can be a good pass catching back, but I saw little evidence of that at Georgia or in his incredibly small 5 target sample size. I'm glad he had a really good running game - Boston talk radoi idiots were trying to call him a bust after 2 games when it seemed pretty obvious the O line was giving him nothing to work with.

Chubb got most of the hype (and fan love) in college but I think Michel was considered by those in the know as the better pro prospect for quite a while, everything I saw made me feel like that was completely fair.

It's not a knock on Chubb (who I followed throughout his HS career as he went up & down the field against my alma mater & others as a region opponent). His greatest assets, however, were his sheer strength & endurance and his unquestioned work ethic. By the time you get to the highest level, a lot of guys have those things (or at least you'd hope they do).