View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #135
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Had a thought last night (clearly focussing on the most important issues given the lockdown instructions!)

From what they’re saying, it sounds highly likely that even if social restrictions relax in the summer, this will happen again either later this year or next.

So rather than bin this season or rush to get it through by July, etc, why not bin next season and give until May 2021 to get this season done?

Obviously contracts would be an issue, but it takes the time pressures off, and if things do go smoother over the next 12 months than scientists are suggesting, we can have one off mini tournaments or leagues to fill the gap.

It’s going to be a long three weeks (plus)...

If the broadcasters are willing, I think that might be possible. Since it has already been floated that the broadcasters would want their money for any missed season(s), there is no chance.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote