View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
QuikSand
lolzcat

2025 offseason

Okay, two years deep, the team is starting to take shape. I think we are going to try to get more conservative on offense this season, and try to keep a little of the pressure off the defensive side of the ball. This is the last year of QB Chester Caruso’s current contract – and we probably have a reckoning coming up fairly soon with him. He’s a 9th year guy, so he probably has another few good ones in him – but would we prefer to go young there as this team is building, so we have “our guy” in place once we arrive? Or is Caruso our guy? Candidly, I don’t think he’s ideally suited to the short passing game, so I’m open to moving on at QB either this year or next.

Interestingly – we have no retirements. That means that WR jake Stuart is indeed back for a third year with us. He’s obviously going to drop off in ratings soon (in camp), and he was not very efficient last season – 880 yards, but on only 7.1 yards per target. I suspect he is on our “bubble” for this season, possibly depending on whether we bring aboard a new starter-ready player there.

I bring in a new coach (better in staving off injuries, a big deal for this thin a team) and a new scout (weakness is at OL, where we are pretty well off now) – and we are ready to get into the material evaluation of our situation. I want to take a few minutes and walk through things as they stand. I’ll use the scouting changes as free agency begins as a way to talk about each position group, and also to see how development is coming along with our younger players.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote