View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 09:16 PM   #315
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
A friends daughters student loan payment is $700 a month. How does a 22 year old start a life with a hole the big to dig out of.

Williams is bat shit crazy, but she is right. Young people would do a lot more with that money than people who are already wealthy.

Another angle that I have yet to hear mentioned is if college was free people spending the money they are putting aside for college funds could spend it on other things. We put away about 20K per year for our kids college. If we didn't have to do that I would spend that money on projects for the house, travel, maybe get a vehicle a year newer, etc...

The classic responses to this from the right make me crazy. They always claim people knew what they were doing, etc...

Then you have the people who are sour grapes because THEY paid off their loans so everyone else should have to also, or they worked while they were in school so they wouldn't have loans. My wife and I both had loans and worked hard to pay them off. I would love for people to not be saddled with that debt.

Last edited by Lathum : 07-30-2019 at 09:17 PM.