View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #329
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Tarcone's example is a perfect one. A BS in Biology is a worthless degree. You can teach with it or get a MS or PHD or use it as a base for med school, vet school or law school. Otherwise it has no benefit. She should have chose better.

Complete BS, I have a BS in Biology and make six figures. I was able to get a few 50k job right out of college and that was years ago.

To not have a degree will hamstring you at some point, having a STEM degree is crucial.

The real truth is that in this day and age you may have to go where the jobs are or get a masters (I do and the job pays for one).

You have to have a plan though. I’m in Eastern PA, you throw a rock and you can find a bio job in food, beverage or pharma.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams