View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1273 ANNUAL REPORT

In the Spring, the economy is officially up and running after 4+ years of hard work(by the serfs naturally, not by the noble lord, yours truly. That stuff takes up your whole day!). With some men not needed in the fields, some are sent to woodcutting, some to stone quarrying, and some to the blacksmith. What little iron we have will be used in making a few pikes, the best defensive weapon and a cheap one.

In the Summer, the Bishop declines my alliance offer and advises me to 'give up quietly'. Not in this lifetime, Your Arrogance! In the Autumn, the Baron is even less gracious -- 'May you die well'. *sigh* It isn't as if I didn't try ...

Pleasant weather again -- I think a hex is on the clouds. The fix is in. Something's going on.

Population: 1253
Grain: 946(+250)

Only one field remains to finished, and it will be shortly. The population won't grow nearly as fast now in Silesia -- it's time to look beyond our borders. We've nearly exhausted the iron, which means our only reliable source of weapons would be more bows, which would be nice, but probably not necessary. Better than one-third of the serfs, 451 men, most of them peasants, are added to an army that now numbers an even 650. What they lack in skill and proper equipment they will have to make up in manpower.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote