View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sept 9, 2012
So a stretch of matches that I identified as very important before they started has come to a close. At the time I said 8 points would be a very good sign, 5 points might indicate we had a chance to survive, anything less would be troubling. We end up getting 6 points in the stretch, a win over Kidderminster on the road, three draws and a tough 1-0 loss to Wrexham. It seems clear to me that we're going to be scuffling all season, every point will be a fight but on the bright side we do appear to have some fight in us. Our inability to score consistently - just 5 goals in 7 matches - is killing us at the moment.

We're sitting 19th now with 7 points, one ahead of 20th place Lincoln (who has a match in hand) one behind three teams in 16th-18th. The relegation zone includes Kettering (5 pts), Ebbsfleet (4 pts), Kidderminster (1 pt) and Braintree (0 pts).

In addition to the offensive woes, we really need to be getting much much better performance from some of the veterans we signed at,for us, high cost.
D Will Antwi (5.9 in 3g) is $325/wk, D Ian Dreckin & D Peter Hoy haven't gotten to match fitness enough to make an appearance but are soaking up $425/wk & $275/wk respectively. That's over 10% of our total salary budget that are giving us absolutely nothing

And $1250/wk are tied up in Armstrong & Vipond who are both injured and weren't playing well at all before that.

In short, roughly a quarter of our budget is being wasted but I've seen nothing that would give me any reason to believe we'd be able to move any of them.