View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #942
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Brett - College Swimming

A quick update on where things stand for Brett. On Monday, I asked him if he had thought anymore about what he wants to do about college and he responded, "Yeah, and I'm thinking I might want to swim." At which point you could've knocked me over with a feather. He said he was thinking about swimming after work on Tuesday to see how it felt.

On Tuesday, we received mail from the E&H athletic departing which invited Brett to the recruiting open house where he should have an opportunity to not only interact with the returning team members but meet the additional recruits and swim with the team in a team run practice. This got him very excited, he ran upstairs found a suit and his goggles and headed out to work with the plan to swim laps. When he got home he informed us he swam about 1100 yards in about a half a hour (he may be overstating the distance, but that's really irrelevant, the fact he got back into the water to practice is the important detail).

He is currently planning to swim again tomorrow before work (his shift is later in the day so he can get much more time in). He has indicated he'll think about going up to E&H for the open house, and I'm almost positive the hesitation here is because, if he's going to practice with them, he wants to make sure he's in good enough shape he doesn't embarrass himself. He's clearly intrigued by the possibility of going...we'll see where this ends up.

Last edited by Breeze : 02-28-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote