View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 07:02 AM   #37
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'm sort of in the middle there. I miss the times when offense and defense were balanced in the NBA. Steph is amazing, and I'm not a hater - I just don't like the fact that it's so easy(relatively) to score from 3-point range that post players are all but obsolete and that it's all about scoring now. I remember when blocks and steals in the All-Star game were cheered as much as the passes and dunks. That time is long passed, and so for the most part is my NBA fandom.

I am still a huge fan of the NBA but I am right there with you on the three point revolution, the lack of post play and the de-emphasis on defense in the game. This has become my feeling towards all of sports. I am okay with the rule changes making things a bit easier for guys like Steph Curry to reach his levels. I will be out when they make rules changes to make things easier for guys like Tyler Johnson to reach Steph Curry levels.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote