Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 03:00 PM   #3852
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Spirit Island! It’s one of my absolute favorite games. It’s an excellent co-op game. You can play up to 4 with the base game and up to 6 with an expansion.

You play island spirits trying to fend off colonization by outsiders. There are a number of different spirits you can play and each plays very differently. Some are really simple and straightforward (I kill things, I defend things) and others are really complex. Thematically they are really interesting.

The game has a ton of replayability and there is a deck builder aspect as well.

The game is very complex. You can spend a lot of time strategizing each turn. The rules are very well written, so the complexity is more in the game play and figuring out the best turn each time, as opposed to confusion over the rules.

This has been my favorite game over the last year. We recently played a 5 person game and one of my friends played a simple spirit, since it was his first time. He had a lot of downtime because the rest of us had to spend a lot of time figuring out our turns, while he didn’t. I think it plays better with 3-4 people.

Thanks. I really like the theme. I am primarily going to play it solo. Have you done that yet?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote