View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #192
chesapeake
College Starter

I went into the 4th Q down 14-3 and unable to get anything at all going. I went for it on 4th long with about 6 minutes left. My top receiver had a half-a-step on the DB, which usually means that the pass gets blocked; but, unbelieveably, the throw is perfect and I score a TD. The 2-point conversion was good and I found myself down by only 3.

The Buckeyes run it down my throat for the next 3.5 minutes. I hold them to a field goal and get the ball back with 2 minutes left but needing a TD.
For the first time in the game, I am able to put a drive together. It takes me about a minute to drive the ball inside the 10. Unfortunately, I score too quickly on a short pass play that hadn't worked the entire game. The extra point was good, and I had my first lead of the game at 18-17.

Ohio State had a minute left and got the ball quickly to midfield. They're down to 1 time out, so they have to throw. The only good players on my defense are the CBs, and they came up big, knocking down a couple of passes. He goes for it all on 4th down, but the receiver is well covered. One kneel-down later, Duke finishes a great comeback victory to secure the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

For some reason I can't figure out, it doesn't make the top 10 all-time games on my list.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote