View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 07:16 AM   #690
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I still find it fascinating, odd and unbelievable that Clemson ius referred to as a blue blood...or rich school... UCF is bigger school with a bigger richer alumni base...4 years ago people howled because Clemson was a #1 seed. Pushing bama to the edge "made them" maybe more so than basing them the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
They are though, embrace it.

When I went to Washington we were terrible, I didn't grow up in Seattle so no ties to the school prior to being a student there so the expectations on us now are a bit weird to me. I just enjoy all the wins and hope Coach Pete stays there for a long time.

It honestly depends on how you slice and dice it. I'm sure our South Carolinian friend will point to revenue numbers and say that Clemson isn't even a top 25 school in athletics revenue. This is true--they are even third in the ACC among schools that report (Duke doesn't). It's also true that because of TV and conference deals it is difficult to isolate football revenue. So Clemson is fighting a little uphill when compared to most SEC and Big Ten schools (and Texas).

But, on the other side of the coin, Clemson has a top ten football budget. Their football outlay is in the same ballpark as anyone in the country. So, yeah, that's the argument for blue blood status.

Plus they have that slide.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote