View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #10
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office Midget View Post
It's some kind of bonus/modifier. I don't think anybody can say exactly what it does because the help file doesn't tell us.

That's my thinking, also. It's yet another modifier to the dice rolling. Quality and fit for your OC give some general adjustment to the likelihood of the chosen play resulting positively.

That's the way a game like this incorporates football-ish things that are beneath the level of our involvement... a good OC/playcaller will order up some pre-snap motion, or unusual formations, or whatever - in an effort to make the play more effective. We don't get to do that, exactly, in FOF - but hiring a high quality OC has that effect. So in little-people-inside-my-compter terms, if you like, think of it that way: your clever (high play calling rating) OC is the guy who called the fake jet sweep as part of the finesse run play, and because the opposing LOLB bit on the WR movement, instead of staying home, the run went for 9 yards rather than 2. Good play design and execution made it better, thanks OC!

(Speculation, but reasonably well informed speculation)

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-01-2020 at 09:40 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote