View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #361
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

World Cup Awards:

Best Player at the tournament:

Spain Marco Asensio!

2nd place Spain’s Isco. 3rd Brazil;s Gabriel Barbosa

With three players having 6 goals each, Barboasa wiis the Golden Boot, and Dong-Hyuk 2nd and our Alfredo 3rd.

Goal of the Tournament was Mance’s goal for Croatia vs Qatar in the Group Stage

Remember how Italy stuffed us hard in their game? Their GK wins GK of the tournament

Get Ready:

The World Cup Best Xi:

GK Scuffett, Italy
DC Jesus Vallejo, Spain
DC Dani Perez Spain
DR Florenzi, Italy
DL Alex Sandro, Brazil
ML Neymar, Brazil
MC Luciano, Brazil
MC Isco Spain
MR Asenso, Spain
ST Alfredo, Spain
ST Garbosa, Brazil

There you are!

5 Spain players in Top XI – Jae-Hwan was in the subs. Anyone who thinks I wa just playing my guys to play my guys at DC doesn’t understand how poor the Spanish DCs were, other than the very good Vallejo

I’l cheat with Ca:

Vallejo – 167
Martinez – 153
Duarte – 161
Mere – 158
Garcia – 163
Perez – 169

And the CA of other DCs in the pool is horrendous. And Perez and Garcia are getting better and better and soon will be 170+ elite players.

It’s also about finding the right skill set. Alfredo is 22, and 155/180 vs other ST that are more but our scouts love his big games, consistency, and his stats fit perfectly for the attacking role we needed to go alongside Morata’s better support role. He’s a perfectionist, highly professional, etc. Only major knock is injury prone. I was comfortable with his 155 given how well it worked with my team, and it did. And he was just named to the Best XI Dream Team, so he can really push things on from here. He has 11 goals in 11 caps.

It’s also nice to see my players doing well for their national squads, like El Ghazi for Holland, Grealish for England, Mance for Croatia, the Yoons, and such.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote