View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #43
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Here are some that I've listened to recently:

"Lexicon" - Max Berry (two readers - man and a woman. Both very good and it's a fun, interesting quick book.)

"The Martian" - Andy Weir (I really loved the reader. He captured the main character really well.)

"The Ocean at the End of the Lane" - Neil Gaiman (read wonderfully by Gaiman himself)

"World War Z" - Max Brooks (all-star cast)

"Infected", "Contagious" and "Pandemic" - Scott Sigler (I really enjoyed these books. Kind of gory, sci-fi/horror books. A series. You can get the first two for free as podcasts read by the author. The third is on audible.)

Non-Fiction:

While not a book, I am huge fan of "Dan Carlin's Hardcore History" podcast. It's awesome. He covers a wide, wide range of topics. Each podcast is anywhere from an hour and a half to two and a half hours or so. Great stuff for any fan of history.

I loved Infected! Scott Sigler does such a good job reading his own books! I was listening to his books via his podcasts for years, until my phone was wiped out and I lost about a year of podcasts that I was behind. I strongly recommend any of his books though, they've all been good so far.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote