View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Benali and Ilunga are called up as well for international duty. Changes to my squad for the away Cup match includes: Bunjaku starting for McKee Davisson starting for Gonzalez, here we go! We are predicted to win, but I begin Counter. Miller gets the first goal of the day at the 30th minute - Powell off a long range indirect free kick gave to his foot. We take it to the half - 2nd half begins. I pull Powell for Benali. They skip a ball past Carlos and into the net in the 64th minute. We injure their player in the 75th, and they have used all of their subs, so I push hard. I move to Control and I up the tempo. A BEAUTIFUL goal by Dunsauskas is scored as he dribbles down, gets past defense, and scores. 2-1 us. I pull Addo for Richard Butcher, and trade with Ilunga Finally I swap Larbi for Johnson. We win and Dunauskas is MOM. MAcclesfield is the next round for us.

Now we host Coventry. I begin Standard. Beattie is back and back into the lineup. We have a lot of internationals out for this game. No McKee, Davis is in for Ilunga no Belai, no Powell, and so forth . We even start McHugh. We tie 1-1. Beattie scored first in the 34th but they responded a few minutes later.

McKee is back, but Carlos, Benali and others are still gone. McHugh gets another start. We are traveling to Gillingham. We begin with a counter set up against our fellow promotees from L2 last year. They get a cross goal connection in the 8th minute to start things. They get another goal three minutes later. In the second half, Miller crosses to Beattie who scores at the 56th minute Then tey get a yellow card fouling Beattie in the box and McKee gets the penalty kick at the 59th minute. 2-2. Daineche is injured and I throw in Richard Butcher. I put Davisson and Johnson in for Gonzalez and Bunjaku. We had about four shots that were decent in the last five minutes, but none were on target, tie game. Davis’s mistakes led to both goals. MOM is Beattie with a goal and assist. Daineche will be out for 4-5 weeks with a fractured arm.

I make an offer for a backup. I will bring him in until the end of the year, and he can start if needed. He arrives the day of our game, and I move him into the starting lineup to replace our injured Daineche. Sam Sodje, Nigerian and English. He played for Notts CO the last two years. 33 years old, worth 8k, paid 550/week with backup role. 15 heading, 11 tackling. 19 jumping, 10 acc and pace, 12 strength, 18 agg, 16 bravery, 10 for a bunch of other mental stats. Ilunga just got back in time, so Sodje is starting for the very bad form Davis. His signing removes Butcher getting some play, so I toss Butcher back onto the youth team. Dunuaskas is in for a tired Miller and a tired Gonzalez rests for Bunjaku on the left. Carlos is back as well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote