View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1614 – DIP TECH 18 – I get great naval morale and I can build the Gratiot

15 Feb –

We purchase a Trading Post at Pate, next to our Malindi holdings, from Ajuuraan, on the coast. It has Cloth, Savannah, 17 dev, we spent 1200, natural harbor, Shipyard, marketplace, and church, Swahili and Sunni, I order the Shipyard destroyed and a Textile Manufactory here.

26 June – I am given a gift of 5500 cash when I demand the money up front for granting a monopoly.

1 July –

ADM TECH 18 – We can get a new Idea!!!

Possible –

Trade?

Humanist?

Plutocratic? (It replaces Aristocratic ideas for certain republics)

Admin?

If I choose a MIL TECH then I can get the first two Ideas on that chain immediately.

I grab Trade Idea

1 Sept –

Vijayanagar is getting too big. They are waging war in the Indies, moved in the Indian Ocean and such.

So lets looks and see what I can see for bringing them down.

Vijay – 7th richest nation by income, manpower 69k, Mil Tech 15, 6th largest army at 96k, 5th largest navy at 66 ships, and so forth.

I order a big navy from the Mediterranean to Madurai. I also order more troops here in my three Indian zones of control.

1 Oct – Para, Brazil, is with gems

I begin making some claims on Vijayanagar

1 Nov – Fish in Muturu

Brittany has leaped over us in CA and is in Alaska, heavily

11 Dec – I pull colonists from Ceram and send them to Halmahera, here in the Spice Islands – it has a strait to our Trading Post at Tidore and a local power in Ternate

I pull colonists on the West Coast and send them to Sumba

17 Dec – Wanka agrees to be our vassal

1 Jan, 1615 – Salt is the primary trade in Klamath

I am doing a lot to prepare for war against Vijayanagar. I’m not expecting this to be a big land grab, but instead the opportunity to weaken them.

1 July – We gain the trading bonus for Fish! We get +25% national sailors growth (Sailors are naval manpower)

1 Sept –

Siuslaw – Coastal CA, Naval Supplies, 0.16 made, 5 dev, Mountains, handed to Athens West

1 Dec – We get the first DIP Idea – better global trade power - +20%

19 March, 1616 – I put down a rebellion in Khambhat

1 April – MIL TECH 18 – I can upgrade my Cannons and Horsies, so I do so. Now we'll be ready to beat them better.

11 April – I convince Junagahr to break their alliance with Vijayanagar

8 May – Orissa agrees to give us military access.

17 June – A new Pope is elected and the Papal States control him

24 July – I pull my colonists from Halmahera and Sumba and send them to Kiribati and Tonga in the Pacific

2 Aug – Our fleet arrives in India. Once I’d repaired tit in our harbor, I’ll have it shadow a Vijayanagari fleet as I am almost ready to declare war.

19 Sept – We begin the annexation of vassal Pacajes

1 Nov –

Marajo – Brazilian Coast,3 Dev, handed to colonial nation, Tropical Wood, makes us 0.07 monthly

7 Dec –

We are ready.

Before we begin, let’s discuss my many preparations for this war

1. Fleet. I have my major fleet and I consolidated a lot on my way over. I have a fleet of 74 vessels in the Comorin Cape, off the southern tip of India, where my Trading Post in Madurai is. It’s where two navies totaling 38 ships from Vijayanagar are right now crossing. I can take out both in a single battle. This fleet has 19 large vessels, the Galleon, as well as 19 Early Frigates, as well as 9 captured Galiots from previous wars in the Mediterranean that I wasn’t using (although this isn’t the best use of them) and 24 Merchantmen. My foe has many transports – just 6 large ships and 11 small ones in their fleet, and then all transports. I have a level 2 Admiral who is battle hardened at the lead.
2. Three major armies. I have a large 20+ group of armies, with three generals on the three flanks of Vijayanagar. One from south in Madurai, one from the north east on the Orissan flank, and one on the north west from Surat. Each has a general and one of those a Conquistador that I was exploring from on the Athens West area. Each three major army is there and ready to rock.
3. I have a backup merc army under the command of my leader on the NW flank as well and their job is to take small provinces, besiege things, and such. They are not one of my battle plans.

My foes have 15k troops in Sri Lanka in the strait leading from Maduria to the island. My plan is to win in the Comorin Cape, and leave a big enough fleet here to prevent them from crossing. I have more than 80k troops assembled, and a giant fleet that’s bigger than their entire army, plus my navy in Gujarat if I need to bring it over.

Ready? Let’s do it!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote