Old 10-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

16 Dec – My siege army arrives in Thana and begins to siege them

18 Dec -I win at Comorian Cape and capture a dozen ships
I send my bounty to Madurai to heal up and join the fighting

26 Dec – I have begun the siege of Daulatabad

1 Jan, 1617 –

Chehalis – Coastal CA, north of Chinook, Livestock, 6 dev, forests, now with Athens West

9 Jan – I capture a minor and order my troops to the minor where their navy fled (Venad)

1 Feb – Yuki in Coastal CA is now going to be good with, yuck, Fish.

19 Feb – Two minors fell, and their fleet was hit – I captured 5 more ships

25 Mar – Big news. Two more minors have fallen, we defeated their fleet again, captured 3 more ships, and routed it, the combined two fleets are gone, and we also captured Daulatabad

28 Mar – I use an event to “hire” a cardinal from the nation of Genoa and bring him into our stable of Cardinals in Mantua. We spend a few hundred cash.

14 April – My main army has arrived at the fort of Bidar and begins a siege.

11 May – Three minors have fallen, but they have recaptured one.

I move to intercept a 19k strong army that has arrived in the south.

29 May – I win a quick but minor skirmish in Kumari right after they retook it from me.

A big army is moving to Bidar. I break off everything but a small siege unit from Thana to combine my armies and protest this 27k large army.

My Bidarian force is 23k, so with the cavalry, and some artillery and inf from the other army, that’s another 15k easy to help.

5 June – I win in the south, but I need to regroup as I was smashed hard.

18 June – Three minors fell to me

21 July – We capture Bidar

8 Aug – My combined army defeats theirs

9 Aug – The siege of Mughal begins, and this is next to their capital, Vijaynagar, with my major inland force.

5 Sept – We regain enough str that I move my southern army back out again aggressively. I send it to a nearby fort at Gingee

11 Sept – I defeat a small, hastily assembled army of mercs on the north-east flank near Orissa.

14 Sept – My patrolling navy here at Gujarat ran into one of theirs and we crushed it.

23 Sept – The siege of Thana ends. We have taken it.

1 Oct – Ceram with Incense

6 Oct – The siege of Gingee begins

9 Oct – I have taken Mudgal after an assault. I order my main army to their capital

22 Oct – About 4 minors are mine

29 Oct – We have routed their merc army in the NE.

1 Nov – TRADE IDEA #2 – I get another merchant and I send it to Genoa

1 Dec – We are now leading to Gems.

22 Dec – Two more minors are ours.

12 Feb, 1618 – We have captured their capital!

5 Mar – We capture Gingee

I now have an 83% warscore.

I could get this:

All 14 coastal provinces that connect my NW Holdings with Madurai. Those are just a 66 warscore only.

That would basically bring in the entire west coast of India under my control, if that’s what I wanted, and would increase my badboy by a massive 58. Although only Indian folks would care. That would really smash Vijayanagar hard, and punch them in the face.

That would include 2 Cloth, 1 Gems, and 10 Spice provinces

Shoot, I could even spend just 3 warscore and toss in The Maldives.

I could also just do Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and a few coastal here at the tip. I could take 6 mainland holdings, all 6 Sri Lankan ones, and the Maldives, for an 88%? Nah that’s too much, I’d have to drop a mainland.

Here is something I was expecting to do:

Release Kotte – Sri Lanka and Gujarat, and

Give us Vanni on Sri Lanka, straight from Madurai, and then maybe two mainland holdings near Madurai, and then call it.

Vijayanagar loses 3 to us, and then 10 total to Kotte and Gujarat.

It’s basically the same warscore to release nations than it is to take them it seems.

It’s 3 each for Maldives, as a good example.

I didn’t expect to be a warmonger in places like this here. But this is a war that Vijayanagar brought on themselves. I made nice. I elevated them multiple times. I gave them cash. I purchased two trading posts for some serious cash. They had a lot to gain by staying on our side. Instead they sent spies, claims, broke off relations, made us their enemy and rival. So I did the same.

They cause us to be at loggerheads.

Given that, I’m fine stealing from them myself.

I take everything mentioned above. The entire coast. And I add in The Maldives as well. I wasn’t expecting to be the typical warmonger, but this is a problem that Vijayanagar started.

I also grab a few inland provinces up north. I have a little extra score and I use it to force them to release a one-province minor on the North east named Jeypore

I have a massive badboy hit, but my goal of ending the Vijaynagar threat is worth it. This prevents them from taking the smaller nations later:

None of these cores were expensive, the most developed were around 50. Many were in the 30s.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-29-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote