View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I believe I hit the one month mark of playing today. My tracker says I have played about 200 or so games (less more recently with the holidays and such). The mono blue deck I run more than others has been something like a 56% win rate. I don’t have a ton of wildcards (maybe 3 rare + mythic, 5-6 common + uncommon) as I’ve been using funds to play draft and BO1 constructed, but I’ve accumulated some cool cards through that process. Sitting on about 16k gold and 2700 gems (from drafting and the starter package, which is the extent of what I purchased). Out of the four drafts, I went 2-3 twice, 4-3 once, and 5-3 or 6-3 the other time.

In ranked I’m up to Bronze 2. I usually use rank to play something different than the mono blue for fun. Right now I’m tinkering with the saproling sporling starter deck and adding some of my gains (2 Vivien Reids, 2 twilight prophets, etc...). It frequently doesn’t work but it’s pretty fun when you have a crazy huge indestructible army with vigilance. I also enjoy ranked to see other types of decks I haven’t seen. Someone crushed me this morning with an awesome RG deck (can’t say if it’s really great or just drew a great combo of stuff) that had a red 1/3 card that did 1 damage to all creatures when a dinosaur was played and had a bunch of dinosaurs with enrage effects, including life gain when a dinosaur was played and bringing in a 5/5 dinosaur token when taking damage (which chained for even more dinosaurs coming out and more life gain). On the final turn, they were at something like 63 life and about 7-8 dinosaurs of 5/5 or better.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote