View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #243
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking today is a free go get water day, with no pressure.

If there is a successful attack on the water module tonight, we will have two days to get enough water for all of us, which will be 15 at the end of the lynch on Day Three. We will need to use man cycles to repair the water module AND also send an away team out for more water, meaning less ability to do any work on anything that gets us off the planet. We also don't have any idea what kind of water levels such a team brings back. What if it's a small amount? And these missions, assuming the Spawn have some ability to target them or sabotage their efforts, will be under sharp attack, because it would be an easy victory for the Spawn if we all start to die off from dehydration.

If we send out a team today, we protect ourselves from having to find out about these things while under pressure, and we build a reserve so that we don't have to be desperate tomorrow. Having a reserve, in fact, might dissuade the Spawn from even making the water module a target.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote