Thread: Crusader Kings
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #481
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I have a question for the vets here. I'm still fairly new to the game and I have something that I can't find an answer for.

When I click on one of my territories and look at the little box that shows up in the lower left corner, just below the castle in the upper right there is the little icon for my levies. If I mouse over it says something like "915/915" and lists the breakdown of the infantry, cavalry, etc. The little bar is very small though and when I go up to the Military button at the top of the screen, it says that my personal levies are something like 183 (or 20% of what I should have).

How can I raise that number up closer to the 915? Is it my ruler's martial rating? Have I ticked off my marshal? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my ruler is feeling a little underprotected.

I'm going to guess the rest of the 915 belongs to your vassals(add their number to yours and see if you get 915). Your personal levy will be those soldiers that come directly from your lands. The rest of your army, or levy, will come from that of your vassal's lands.

In this instance, with you only controlling 20% of the realms army I would advise you not to piss off your vassals.

If the 915 IS truly your potential personal levy strength then you just need to wait. I'm guessing you probably just fought a war and lost troops. Over time they will replenish. The way you are most likely to take big hits to your current levy is by losing troops to war and/or by disbanding units in foreign lands. ALWAYS bring your troops home before you disband them or you take a huge hit to the actual number that returns home.

EDIT: Actually, without having the game pulled up, I'm going to guess that the numbers aren't going to add because 915 is the vassal levy and 183 is your personal levy. You need to take your vassal's lands if you want to have a powerful personal army. I'm guessing you are a small-time lord at this point? Maybe a Duke? You should probably be in control of ALL of your Earl titles and ALL of your castles in order to get done what you want to get done.

Last edited by dubb93 : 01-16-2013 at 07:25 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote