View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #13
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
A non PKD story I'd love to see done again and pretend the initial horrible adaptation never happened would be The Dark Tower.
I actually thought it was a pretty well done adaptation once the horrible decision to shorten it into a single movie was made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not just one ...

Patrick Rothfuss "The Kingkiller" Chronicles would be great. Not a lot of action but I can envision the story telling, the visuals and mystery being great.

Brandon Sanderson "Mistborn" would be pretty good too with the magic system.

If I had to pick one Sanderson series though, it would be the "Stormlight Archive" series (not yet completed, another 7 (?) books to go).
Kingkiller might have a bigger asterisk than Stormlight... I don't see any way the 3rd book lives up to the expectations the first two set - at least Sanderson has things mapped out! (And I agree Mistborn could work very well, or at least book #1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Not just you, I've tried the first Wheel o Time book, couldn't finish it.

And any of Sanderson's books would be great. Lies of Locke Lamora too.
Did we just become best friends?!? (Speaking of unfinished series) Lies is as good as any fantasy novel out there & that world is perfect for a series. Unlike many in the genre there's enough character development that an eventual disappointing answer to the big question wouldn't really matter. Off the top of my head Elmore Leonard is the only other author who could write dialogue that well.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-20-2019 at 12:21 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote