View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 03:23 PM   #36
sabotai
General Manager

A short update

I chipped away a little bit here and there on the ray caster, but I'm done with Go for now. I got a basic idea of what working in it would be like and I'm ready to sample the other two languages.

For Rust, here is what I'm doing:

Videos:
Plurasight - Rust Fundamentals. This course was just added at the end of January is just goes over the basics. I'm watching through it now.
Udemy - The Rust Preogramming Language - Already watched this awhile ago and is the same as the pluralsight course (and probably a bit outdated) .
Udemy - Learn Rust by Building Real Applications - a course on learning Rust by making a simple HTTP Server.

Books:
Hands-On Concurrency with Rust

I have a few other books I got through Humble Bundles, but they're the same as the video courses. Just a run down of the language's basics and features.

For Scala, I don't have much outside of Pluralsight, which has a good number of videos on it. But my subscription ends at the end of April and I don't plan on renewing it. I'm going to be on a much stricter budget soon. Plus I find most of Pluralsight's content really dry and boring. I'll be on the look out for any Humble Bundles with Scala books in them.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote