View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #77
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
I still advise against taking the advice of anyone on this board, especially me! However, you will have a hard time finding a portfolio that is not red at the moment. Also I've noticed a slight bias in my own news mongering that companies that are not acting like its the end of the world and are retaining jobs/growth options (or potentially preparing for expansion), are often getting punished by the market.

Right now when things are dirt cheap is when you want companies buying up assets and other companies... I always laughed at the fools thinking they are doing a great job with mergers during the good times at companies bought for their peak value... its easy to look good when everyone is drinking the same kool-aid, but real business and growth often happens in the rough red, not in the gaudy green.

That's one thing I'm a little happy about the company I work for. They've been cutting to the bone for the last 2 years so they have yet to really let anyone go (well, aside from 30K from a merger last year that they were already doing). Our CEO has said he thinks the workforce is about the right size (in CEO speak that means we're already understaffed) to emerge from a recession strong.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-10-2009 at 07:59 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote