View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #78
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
For instance, what some companies were boasting of a few years ago in reality turned out to be massive blocks of money tied up into leveraged derivatives... trying to understand their bragging about profitability became the basis of my initial monster shorts (granted I've been pissed off since I was but a wee kid in 1997 seeing outrageous noise in the news and trying to puzzle it out ever since).

Criminal in a lot of cases since some levels of assets ( a very large block most recently) couldnt even BE VALUED!!! So you could boil through report after report and still come up with bunk so had I been sitting across the table from you and you said, "Y'know Howard, honestly, I cant understand half this shit these companies are doing. Look, here, here and here...." I probably wouldve been all on board with your short but instead I figured...y'know, they've gotta be doing something right. I was wrong too, hence my theory of 'evaporating money' which is why I dont believe inflation is on the other side of this but that's a different debate where we both at least know where the other one is coming from.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote