View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #83
SportsDino
College Prospect

There is a lot of psychology involved in this, basically people assuming things are going to improve and therefore buying up. You gotta realize that BAC for instance has dropped from $50 to $3 (in the time I've been watching it)... for it to jump from $3 to $15... you can get lost in the percent change numbers.

With the banks I think you have some people that think the government is going to restore them to their old price. Never mind if that price is completely out of whack with dividends , earnings, or debt.

AIG is a mess, I'm not even sure that loss counts the massive amounts of offsetting funding for the guvment. I don't mess with that stock at all these days, I'm assuming they are just treating it as financing and if you took it away the company would be bleeding out every orifice in red ink. I still theorize a decent amount of other company's profits are AIG's Fed money, and that eventually there will be another shell game where the AIG debt is offloaded onto some proxies and the government will let those dies. This is no different than the Enron scheme, except with government backing. But I'll hold my rants I guess and just profit off the bullshit (the government has infinite money after all, right! haha...heehaa... hoo... cry...).
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote