View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 PM   #221
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Huerter isn't going to be the face of the franchise, anywhere, ever.
Porzingis would immediately be that in ATL (though largely by default)

The entire marketing of the franchise, or even just the fan experience (hip hop barbershop & all) made their reason for making such an absurd deal obvious.
I refuse to believe they're that overt they'd turn down a great deal because it gives them a white player better than Young, but fine change them with Cleveland, or Phoenix, or Orlando... point is I think the Knicks could have easily gotten a 2nd top 7-8 pick in this draft, or an unprotected 2020 pick from a team that looks a little worse than 2021 Dallas looks at this point.

If not, either they really love DSJ, really hate something they've seen in KP's rehab, or they made a rash decision without doing their due diligence because Porzingis is (rightfully) frustrated with the organization's continuing circus atmosphere. I don't know if they even could trade his restricted rights in June/July or if he'd have to agree to a sign & trade, but you think Dallas was pulling this offer and the chance at pairing Dirk 2.0 with Doncic in the next week before the deadline?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote