View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #775
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
OK I've reread the thread in light of the apparent information that Font isn't confirmed duke and
a) I'm an idiot for missing that info earlier (although if it's the post I think it is it wasn't really equivocal), and
b) I'm a lot less certain about the correct course of action

Ok. To play devil's advocate. The wolves didn't know who Martin was going to duke to. If they presumed that he was going to duke to a wolf-Autumn then, yeah, they might order a hit on Martin. As Martin would be cleared by duking to a wolf. Suggesting that wolf-Autumn is a hunter. (as they wouldn't bother with a conditional if they knew that duking to Autumn would kill Martin). And there are two villagers who might be bodyguarding Martin.

Okay, despite knowing the theory is wrong, I'll look at it from your angle. Pull that kill rather than go for a good special? I guess. But it seemed very likely in thread that Martin was going to duke Vaimes. That had been discussed many times, so it seems like a stretch to predicate a kill on both Martin duking and Martin duking a particular player. If Martin doesn't duke, or dukes Vaimes, they've played a poor kill.

Again, I'm willing to bet someone thought the Medic was repeatable. Or put a kill order in early in the day? How soon was it fairly obvious Martin was a real lynch target? Both of those assume a fairly oblivious wolf team though.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote