View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #785
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Particularly if there was a cultist conversion yesterday.

Let's look at possibilities. If there was a conversion, then Martin is certainly a wolf. However, I think that's a thin possibility, because i don't think any of us would have suspected that a target or bodyguard would have been told if they were attacked. Wow, now that I think of that, if Chief confirmed that targets will be told they're attacked I think that's a huge point. Let me continue thinking out loud about this.

Before last night, wolves would have no reason to suspect targets would know they were attacked. So if they got a conversion, they still would not know, and it would not, I think, occur to them to have Martin fake a block and claim he knew he was attacked. I think we can rule out that possibility, and therefore rule out a conversion.

So that suggests either the wolves forgot a kill order or were indeed blocked. So if they were blocked, they may have become aware that the target would know they were attacked. In which case i can't see why Martin would fake it, because the wolves would know the real target and the real bodyguard both know he's lying. A cultist Martin might fake it, but would not know to do so because he wouldn't know that targets are informed.

If there was a forgotten kill order, again, no one would know to fake the target knowing.

So I have talked myself into 100% believing Martin. I can't see how the wolves would know that targets would be told they were attacked without having experienced a block. I guess the wrinkle here is that the night 1 kill might have suggested that to them. That seems really unlikely. I'm going to go back and check that Chief confirmed Martin's point about being told.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote