View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:25 AM   #75
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Clay oughta give Skydog commision. I'm not saying i'm buying it, but the chances are much better than they were yesterday.
Well, at this point I would say that it has enough new features to be a really fun game and a nice upgrade from the past, provided the answers to these two burning questions are satisfactory:

1. How well do the new features work? Will I really have to pay significantly more money to sign a guy when a team with one of his friends is also pursuing him? Will it cost more to sign a guy who thinks my organization is heading in the wrong direction? Do team and player options make a difference on contracts? Do call-ups/demtions in the expanded minor leagues work well?

2. How buggy will it be on release? As always, I really hope Clay holds it until the obvious bugs are squashed. I've yet to run into anything monumental like a crash bug, but there are still some bugs present.

There are (so far) three "Things I Know For Sure" so far about this version:

1. The two hallmarks of the Mogul franchise are still there: outstanding interface and oustanding sim speed. This version still blows everything else away in these two areas.
2. *Much* more attention has been paid to the customer base. A survey was taken on their web site (posted earlier in this thread) of what were the top new features desired, and they implemented all of the Top 6.
3. This isn't a tiny upgrade to the last version--which was one of the primary complaints about the Mogul franchise in the past several years.

I'd at least say that it deserves attention. I'm going to spend a couple of hours or so this morning actually playing the game, and give some more comments at that point.