Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Mid-day move deadline at 3 PM EST.

Lynch deadline at 10 PM EST.

No lynch is allowed.
Nightfall is not allowed.
Tie conditions known only to me.

CONCEPT:

The Ancients, some of the first beings of this world, have created a massive labyrinth with which to entertain themselves. They have plucked creatures from all over the world to participate in their game.

The Ancients will make up the wolves, and will not know the layout of the labyrinth. However, they will have special powers. They will alternate kills at night. Only creatures in the same section as the Ancient performing the kill can be targeted, and they will be informed of their choices.

The commoners will make up the rest of the characters. You may be a human, a dinosaur, or some sort of exotic creature. Each type of commoner will have certain abilities.

The catch:

Minotaur - Known as the 'Hammer of the Ancients' by the massive weapon he wields and those that created him, the Minotaur has been placed in this labyrinth and considers its defense a holy honor. He starts in the center of the labyrinth and if he runs into any players, there is a strong chance they will immediately die. The Minotaur cannot be lynched or night-killed. The only way it can be killed is if it meets an Ancient in the labyrinth, whence a mighty battle will ensue.

If a commoner finds the center of the labyrinth, the game ends and the commoners win.

Bolding is mine. It says, simply, that the ONLY way you can get targeted is by a nearby wolf. I thought, on my previous readings of the rules, that it was possible for a wolf to have a special ability that would give them a long range kill, based on the statement that wolves "will have special powers" and I suspect that special powers could circumvent the normal rules.

However, as I read the rules, that interpretation is not longer the case. If it were, The Jackal would have written something like, "the only way you can get targeted by the normal wolf kill" or "wolfs have a natural ability to kill, which can only target those in the same area." In which case, the statement would refer to just that ability. This is a general statement.

Because this could be key, allow me to ask the GM a clarification.

Can the wolves ONLY kill those they are in the same section, regardless of any special power? That is how the rule reads, and I want to verify it.

Also, GM - how big is a "section"? It is one space, or a chunk of the maze?

To be fair, it would be really, really dumb for Farrah to attack Lathum if she is a wolf. Firstly, she was deeper in a COT that Lathum, so why risk that? Secondly, it was very traceable to her since she mentioned that she and Lathum traveled in packs, and Lathum was a Hydra. Knowing he's survive the attack, and that she had been tied to him in the thread, why turn around and attack him?

Something here seems off. Perhaps we are misunderstanding what section means, so I have asked The Jackal what it means. Perhaps Lathum is lying about being attacked in order to push the board towards Farrah, but again, that seems like a gamble. Perhaps Farrah is playing a dangerous game, trying to get out in front in order to not be voted because of course it is a dangerous play.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote