View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #1726
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are some things in this that I am using for my next WW game, so you get kudos for that, inspiration and such. Overall, good job! And I want to make sure you know that I was overall happy, before I move into my concerns.

There are a few concerns I had, however.

Firstly: Moving the deadline because some players had not gotten their actions in was, in my opinion and from my admittedly limited vantage point, very poorly thought out. Extending a deadline for a non-emergency just shouldn;t be something I'd want a GM to do. It changes the dynamic of the game. Players who might have been able to be around at the 10 deadline might have to go to bed by midnight, other players might have come home early from a night out, or chose to keep their schedule clear, only to find nothing happened. Someone who might have forgotten about the deadline might arrive later and get a vote in, changing the vote, and casuing things to be different, etc. Too many variables to delay a deadline, to my mind.

Skipping a Deadline - I understand that unlike the one above, this was done for personal reasons, not for in game reasons. However, in a game where the villagers have to arrive on a certain space, its important not to steal turns from the villagers, which is what taking the 3 pm deadline does.

Public Posting of Hidden Info - I blamed you for not giving me teh info that I met clap, and then you posted that you did, which proves that clap and I met. Perhaps a wolf might have wanted to push this point and drive clap and me from the villagers. Perhaps some had doubts, even though clap and I gave the same story, but when you publicly stated that claphamsa and I met, you gave the players information that they would not normally have available to them.

Anyway, over all, solid, and its hard to balance as much stuff as you did, and you did well. Good job!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote